In Brazil, kids up to 5 years old can stay at either a private facility
("creche") or a state-run facility ("escola infantil"). These are currently
being mapped as kindergartens here.

Preschool is a preparatory 1-year course offered by regular schools, so
these are not mapped as kindergartens here.

Linguistic note: kindergarten literally translates to "jardim de infância"
which is the former name of preschools in Brazil.

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Gilbert Hangartner <
kuessemondtaegl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi André,
>
> I first wrote "crèche", obviously. Then I sent a mail to the mailing list,
> and the "è" was not rendered correctly. So I concluded that having a
> non-ascii character in a tag might be more of a nuisance … I'm french
> speaking and would obviously prefer a è. Can you point me to some
> information how this kind of questions is treated in OSM?
>
> nounours
>

> Am 03.11.2013 um 15:44 schrieb André Pirard:
>
>  On 2013-11-03 14:31, Gilbert Hangartner wrote :
>
> Hi there,
>
>  I wrote a proposal to correctly tag "Crèches" or "Childcare-centres" or
> "Daycare-centrers" or "Kindertagesstätte". Thank you in advance for your
> comments and thoughts.
>
>  amenity=creche
>

> According to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crèche and
> .../creche, as well as all non-foreign dictionaries, the spelling is
> "crèche", not "creche".
> Why make spelling mistakes?
>
> Cheers,
>
>   André.

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)