Dear André,

Also being new to OSM and new to the tagging mailing list, I completely
understand your frustration. And I also believe that a lot of people left OSM
because even if they try hard, the don't get it right.

On the other hand, I also understand the people being involved for a long time
in OSM, to explain over and over again the same things ...

But I think, in all documentations on the wiki, there is a lot of "clean-up"
needed, to make clear to newcomers what's valid and what's not. And also I
think contributors would benefit from a badge indicating the state, like "I'm
new and willing to learn. If I do something wrong, it's not on purpose", in
opposition to a badge "I'm an old OSM guy and grounchy, and if I do something,
I do it on purpuse to make life harder for others".

In a conlcusion, I only can ask you to stay and help to transform OSM in the
way your suggesting.

Concerning opening_hours: I'm very much happy that finally someone (André)
tries to simply this tag. I personally think the original definition is a
nightmare, and even Andrés "simplified" syntax looks very, very complicated to
a normal mapper.

Well, I really hope the person that added the "don't use it"-flag will remove
it and help to improve André diagramm!

Thanks, nounours

(badge: greenhorn, but willing to learn)