> * bath:type = foot_bath
> ** foot_bath is usually are a (free) service offered in the front of the
> onsen to passerbys. It's very shallow, and surrounded by seats, it's like a
> big sink, rather than a pool. "Ashiyu" in Japanese.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashiyu

not sure if this is really a bath type, my suggestion would be to make it a
pool:type or something similar, as it seems to be not refering to the
complex as a whole (what I think onsen is) but to a part of an onsen, i.e.
a specific pool inside the onsen? Or maybe I got you wrong?
bath:type=foot_bath to me suggests a foot_bath only place...

cheers,
Martin