On 07.08.2014 09:51, k4r573n wrote:
> I would like to distinguish between hiking paths and climbing_access paths.
> In my area only climbers are allowed to use the paths to access the cliffs.
>
> Therefore I thought of this tagging for climbing_access paths:
>   access=customers
>   customers=climbers

This is some very odd tagging. access=customers is commonly used for
customer parking spots so far, i.e. you may use this as a customer of
some facility.

Are you trying to express that you have to pay to use these? Then use fee=*.

If you are just trying to say "climbers only", then I don't see where
the customers bit comes in. In that case, something like access=no +
climbing=yes would make a lot more sense.

I can think of no situation where "customers=climbers" would make any
sense, but perhaps you can explain further?