Pre up: I have worked with him on the soft_lane proposal - results pending.
I think his intentions are good and that he just takes the "be bold" part of
the wiki too seriously, or the changes he makes are too large.
That said, I believe that talking to others is an important part of a
Community Project like OSM. If there are people that don't see that it will
upset others.

Also, FYI, I have updated the german pages on highway=cycleway und
cycleway=* (track template page) concerning the use of cw=use_sidepath as
defined prior (7.10 and 8.10). I hope this last a bit.

Regards Hubert