> but of course you can map things more precisely.
Exactly this was discussed.

> And I don't want to face the same quandary deciding between playground
and children_area.
I'm sorry for inconvenience, shall we remove several countries from OSM so
you can easily use single tag you like to see? Cycleways? Motels? What tags
should we remove?

> adding a brand new tag is a much more heavy-weight approach than refining
an existing and common tag.
Good luck with downloading over 230K+ instances worldwide just to see what
was mapped before in places you never visited
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/leisure=playground. You are smart,
because I feel myself as complete retard then I see all these objects. But
you are true hero we need. Please, clarify leisure=playground for us!
Define one tags that will suite every single case mapped before for every
single application at once! Make proposal about leisure=playground
deprecation! It's easy!