On 19 January 2015 at 10:39, Friedrich Volkmann <b...@volki.at> wrote:
> On 18.01.2015 22:23, Markus Lindholm wrote:
>> I think addresses are proper features, so a distinct address
>> should be found only once in the database.
>
> And I see it the other way. Addresses are just attributes. It may pendend on
> the country, I don't know.

Treating addresses as attributes might be fast and convenient but that
kind of scheme
becomes incoherent as there is no one-to-one relationship between
addresses and other features.
E.g.
- There are MULTIPLE POIs that all relate to ONE address
- There are MULTIPLE addresses that all relate to ONE building
So you would end up with a database where the address information is
stored "all over the place" and no coherent way to process it. Better
to have bare address nodes and when necessary use a relation to create
an association between the address and other features.

/Markus