Addresses are funny beasts. They may mean something different for the
delivery guy, the mailman, the administration, the owner of the building,
the cab driver who needs to let out a passenger.

Maybe we should also indicate whether we mapped the ground parcel, the
building, the doorbell, the mailbox, the service road/footway leading to
the house...

If you want to have both addresses and POIs only once, your only option is
to use relations to tie them together unambiguously.

In The Netherlands I found places where the address of the ground floor
appartment differs from the appartment built on top of it. Do we have a
good way to map those? The 'front' doors were in the back and one had to
climb stairs to get to them.

I don't really have an opinion. All I know is that in The Netherlands they
now mapped multiple house numbers on dedicated nodes , which they placed
withing the building contour in some diagonal fashion, and sometimes there
are more than 10 for the same building. No idea if more than 100 also
occurs. These are actual housenumbers not flat numbers.

In Brussels we simply put 2 nodes inside the corner buildings. Buildings
with 2 addresses are quite common there too.

Both the addresses in Brussels and The Netherlands were imported from
sources with a suitable license.

Jo