Wow. Quality of discussion here.

> I even find the second example more difficult to visualize. It's just
worse than the first in every respect

payment=efectivo;visa;mastercard;american␣express
payment=mastercard;visa;efectivo

Now try to find *efectivo *with your regexes.

If you want to tell me something about /.**efectivo*.*/ you have no idea
what OSM about and how regexes work. Say hello to

payment=mastercard;visa;efectivonotinspain

There programmers out there but I'm an idiot and cannot teach how to write
REGEX to casual user. They are true heros OSM need: http://xkcd.com/208/.

How to query for "payment:efectivo"="yes"? I definitely need regex here.
Please, help me!