On 21.01.2015 09:06, Никита wrote:

> If you trying to parse name=school *with any regex *to map it as
> amenity=school* *you are wrong. OSM is not for you.
> If you trying to parse currency=bitcoin;coin for coin, then stop it
> right now. You have no idea how regexes or tags in osm work.

While I think, you should really calm down a bit and not sound so
aggressive, I have to agree with you. The purpose of structuring data is
not having to use a complicated, but a simple parser. Just because one
can use a regular expression to grep out a certain meaning doesn't mean
it's a good thing to do and will always work.
The only downside of currency:X=yes, currency:Y=yes to currency=X;Y is
that it involves more typing. In fact, nobody forces us to only use yes
and no as a value. The Healthcare 2.0 proposal uses partial, main, yes
and no. This can easily applied to a lot of values where it makes sense
and it gives the flexibility to distinguish between equal and
distinguished importance .
Using semicolon-lists for values was always considered a crutch until a
better tagging-scheme comes along.
We all know that the only real solution would be a native data type for
arrays in the database but as long as this isn't happening, we have to
work around.
But please let's not drag this down to a personal level and start
insulting each other, this isn't going to accomplish anything but anger.

- Nadjita