On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 22:21 +0000, Dan S wrote:
> So here's how I would answer your question of how would "an interested
> party [...] objectively determine what the discussion concluded":
> instead of approved/rejected, some sort of visual widget on the wiki
> page which summarised the {{yes}} and {{no}} with something like "76%
> support [out of 98 opinions]". The poll would give a quick guide to
> mappers, and encourage others to chip in with their opinion - any user
> could add or remove their {{yes}}/{{no}} at any point.

Certainly a different approach ! Quite a good one really. It meets my
criteria  of giving a new mapper some guidance on what he/she should
use.

Add in taginfo data.

And maybe a list of competing approaches so, again, its clear to a new
user what the options are.

I do think we'd need to have some (usage determined ?) end point
however. Who is going to register their approval of, eg, highway= this
far down the track ?

I think data consumers also need a bit of certainty too.

David