One thing I'll say for Forums, at least the format will be consistent.
With our List users all using different email clients, with top posters,
bottom posters, middle posters, some (me) who like to thin down a
message when replying and some who like the message to just get
bigger....

I'm starting to think a Forum is a good idea.  But Stack Exchange is a
bigger decision, I have not used it, who has ?

David