I use Stack Exchange a lot and it's great, very well designed for its
purpose. BUT Stack Exchange is not designed for community decision
making. There are tools/forums that are actually designed for that
purpose.

Also I don't think Stack Exchange themselves would want to host an OSM
tagging area, it's not what they're about. Maybe someone has in mind a
stack-exchange-like system rather than Stack Exchange itself. In fact
<https://help.openstreetmap.org/> uses <http://www.osqa.net/> which is
a Stack Exchange clone. But I repeat, it's not designed for
consensus/decision-making, it's designed for Q&A, which has
superficial similarities (voting etc) but it's not the same thing.

Dan