Am 07.04.2015 um 07:28 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:44 PM, johnw <jo...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> If it is truly a bad idea to create further entrance=* tags, then how to
>> tag other kinds of various entrances (with tag combos) should be added to
>> the entrance wiki so someone doesn’t just come and add a bunch of values
>> w/o asking the tagging list.

How about some examples with access tags and/or opening_hours ?

> Sometimes you have to just run with what you've got.  Creating a whole new
> separate scheme creates it's own sort of mess, especially if done timidly.
>
> I encourage you to come up with a good, relatively non-overlapping set of
> entrance tags, and then
> define what happens if they need combining ( e.g.  entrance=student;visitor
> ? )

What is wrong with using access tags ?

> entrance=main
> entrance=staircase
> <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.com/tags/entrance=staircase>

Nice one with completely empty own wiki page in two languages [1].
Wonder which import or editor did promote this tag ?

> entrance=service
> entrance=student
> entrance=alternate
>
> The real tag pollution occurs when people tag too many types of entrances.
> Then the rendering becomes harmful,
> and the map guides you to an entrance you can't use.  But since that's
> inevitable, you need to provide tags that more focused rendering can ignore.

The map or the router ?
Sure you want to find the main entrance but access can be quite tricky
and entrance=student will lead to all kinds of other values, instead of
using access tags.

How about opening_hours ? Know many side entrances (entrance=yes) with
different opening_hours. Which maps shows this ?

Cheers fly

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aentrance%3Dstaircase