Dave,
I wasn't intending to have another try at camp_type=*.

We'll leave on our next trip in less than two weeks from now, so I don't
have the time. I also will be not able to complete another voting cycle
until I'll be without decent internet again.

Furthermore I haven't seen better proposals lately for the used definitions
and wording than what is in the proposal now.

Camp_type=non_designated is intended to be used under the following
conditions:

   - Camping is legal, either because camping is allowed anywhere except...
   (like in Sweden) or because the land owner has given explicit permission
   (from my experience: police stations and mission stations in Africa)
   - The place has a practical reason to be selected for camping. This can
   be security or nearby presence of accessible amenities
   - There are not many similar places in the environment. Places *not* to
   be mapped:
      - A place you select along the road to have a spot before it gets
      dark (any other place will do in a safe country)
      - A place you select solely for its natural beauty (other places
      around; don't spoil it by sending everybody there)
      - A farmer or (African) hamlet that gave you permission to use its
      land if other farmers/hamlets will likely will do the same or if
you don't
      want to abuse the hospitality of the land owner by directing other people
      to it

I can see camp_site=basic and camp_type=non_designated got together
frequently as camp_site=* talks about available facilities and camp_type=*
talks about how the place is designated and managed

Regards,

Jan