I had a question about basic -

I understand it's amenity level (flat spot + access) but the legality bit being
the only qualifier:

Would it just be for places that are somehow signed as for camping(designated),
places where camping is legal and common (informal [yet legally allowed]
existing site), or just any place that's legal that the mapper wishes to tag
(legal).

I assume you mean designated + informal existing, not just anywhere technically
legal.

I would change the wording to be something like "for signed camping areas or
informal yet legal spots where camping is common."

People can fudge the "common" to mean what they want, but without it, in some
places that could mean every single roadside turnout could be marked as a
"campground" - which would not be so helpful.

Otherwise it looks really good.

I look forward to voting yes ^_^

Javbw