> On May 9, 2015, at 4:00 AM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Andrew MacKinnon <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I propose to create the tag "shop=wholesale" for stores that sell
>> large quantities of merchandise in bulk, such as Costco and Sam's
>> Club. Many such stores require a membership to join. See
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_club>. This tag has 320 uses
>> in taginfo already.
>
> A wholesale merchant sells to retailers and service businesses, usually not
> to consumers. Warehouse clubs are a better description of Costco and Sam's
> club.

+1 price club started out as restaurant and convince store supply. It slowly
grew into a consumer outlet.

But there are many stores open to he public that cater to professionals in that
business - meaning their *stock* is tailored to the professional vs the
consumer - a consumer doesn't have the need nor the knowledge to shop at a
professional shop, though they can enter and buy if they want.

These stores are valuable but uncommon, and are usually really focused on a
specific industry. I used to got to an industrial supply store - high end
tools, high end consumables, and high-end hardware (bolts, fasteners, etc) that
are not house building bolts and screws like you'd find at Home Depot.
http://goo.gl/maps/isNqa

That shop is not meant for a consumer, but consumers can shop there.

Costco and SAMs club are totally meant for consumers - they just require a
membership.

Javbw.