> Am 14.05.2015 um 18:44 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@gmail.com>:
>
> Expecting any
> difference in how these tags are used is naive.

I agree, mostly, there is a difference in amenity=cafe cuisine=ice_cream, you
can be sure there will be table service and they will usually also sell cups of
ice cream (compositions with ice cream and fruit). These are typical e.g. for
the areas of Germany with Italian immigration, while you hardly ever have them
in Rome. Also a mobile ice cream man would more likely be tagged as amenity,
not as a shop, while a shop would always be within a building or other
structure, an amenity could or not.

FWIW, there's also an attribute
sells:ice_cream=yes/*
it's used a few ;-) times with values "yes" and "industrial", but I could
imagine also "artisanal"
This could be applied to every place selling ice cream, eg petrol stations,
bakeries, news agents, kiosks, hotels, rent a boats, miniature golf, view
points, restaurants, video stores (do they still exist?), beach resorts, pubs...

Also the craft key will have a value for ice cream makers (I guess they are a
part of confectioners) and could be used to distinguish ice cream makers from
the "resellers"

Cheers
Martin