On 31.08.2015 12:41, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
> If you do want to consolidate tags, "earth" is a much better synonym
> of "soil" and you should probably use that instead.

It's not a synonym either. The wiki said for years that surface=ground is
"probably the same as surface=ground", and now it incorrecty states that it
is "a duplicate of surface=dirt". So this surface=earth tag is totally
spoiled by bad definitions, whereas the meaning of surface=soil is obvious.

Additionally, I consider soil to be soft, whereas earth may be denser
(compacted or containing stones).