On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:13:26 +0200
moltonel 3x Combo <molto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/09/2015, Friedrich Volkmann <b...@volki.at> wrote:
> > Soil is not dirt. That's why I have used surface=soil myself, and I
> > will revert any automated edit of such kind.
>
> I agree that soil and dirt are different, and that the mechanical edit
> should not proceed as originaly planned.

People noticing differences between soil, ground, dirt and earth should
propose changing definitions at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:surface

Currently there is no clear differentiation (IMHO differences -
if any - are too small to be greater than differences between mappers
in interpretation of situation on the ground and normal changes as
result of weather).

Overall in that situation I will not make this edit (I updated
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Mateusz_Konieczny
and ).