On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:07:17PM +1100, Warin wrote:

> the tag sport=swimming should be used to indicate what sports a 'sports
> centre' supports. Or that a swimming_pool can be used for 'sports'.
> The tag value swimming_pool does not indicatethat the sport swimming takes
> place there .. it may only be a leisure activity rather then competitive.

pool & sport=swimming is another detail that needs a bit attention, I would
certainly vote to attach sport=swimming only to pools usable for sport
purposes.

Current state is:
- only 5% of swimming pools are tagged with sport=swimming - however 42%
  of sport=swimming tags are attached to leisure=swimming_pool and further
  (partly overlapping) 37% to amenity=swimming_pool.

- other language wikis are partially inconsistent in this question.

Richard