I know it is about consistency, but for a data consumer that does not
matter, they still have to cope with the change in exactly the same
way as for  power=sub_station -> power=substation. (which is also a
matter of consistency).
No gain and a lot of pain :-)

IMHO instead of discussing this issue, we should go out and do
something useful: add something to the map :-)

regards