Oops - sent originally from wrong mailbox:

The Titanic musicians' cenotaph in Southhampton is a plaque set in a wall,
but even it is made to look like a tomb set in the same wall.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/RMS_
Titanic_Musician's_Memorial,_Southampton.jpg

The Archibald Butt cenotaph in Arlington is an empty grave, rather than an
empty tomb:

http://www.glts.org/memorials/dc/images/107_0710.jpg

The Congressional Cemetery in Washington has monuments to 171 members of
the U.S. Congress who died in office. They're all called 'cenotaphs' in an
abuse of terminology, since somewhere between fifty and eighty of them mark
actual burial places. (The remainder truly are cenotaphs to individuals
whose remains are interred elsewhere.) The Congressional ones from 1816 to
1876 are built to a standard design by Benjamin Latrobe.

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/national_cemeteries/photos/
list_of-sites2/054_Cenotaphs.jpg
http://www.congressionalcemetery.org/pdf/Walking-Tours/Cenotaphs.pdf

Generally, I would propose tagging anything as a 'cenotaph' only if it was
built intending that it should be venerated as a surrogate for the final
resting place of some person or persons whose remains lie elsewhere.