From: Mike N <nice...@att.net>
Sent: April 4, 2017 5:03 PM
To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Tagging] railway=level_crossing with in-street trams?

On 4/4/2017 4:42 PM, Jo wrote:
> Any suggestions for a tag? Or leave those crossings untagged? It's quite
> obvious from the geometry there is a crossing and quite logical that
> it's level.

   It would be convenient for data consumers to have the crossing
explicitly tagged without having to examine the crossing street to find
the correct rule.

   The first thing that comes to mind is railway=tram_crossing, but
there's the fuzziness that comes with light_rail.

   Another solution is to add a modifier railway:crossing=tram  since
it's not level and to avoid conflict with crossing=* or railway=crossing

lists.openstreetmap.org
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password
below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing
with ...