On 18.04.2017 01:26, Warin wrote:
On 17-Apr-17 09:55 PM, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
emergency=disaster_response

The specific national service could be subtagged, such as disaster_response=*
Why not use the present operator tag to specify the organisation?

Yes of course, good point.

... for the offices, agencies, ministries that are purely organisational

office=disaster_response might be suitable?

Yes I like that.

On 18.04.2017 02:24, Greg Troxel wrote:
> ... Having a functioning command and
> communication structure is key in modern emergency management.
>
> Or perhaps you see emergency management as different from people ready
> to provide direct assistance while operating at the leaves of the ICS.

Thanks Greg for the analysis. I don't see OSM capable of representing the planning and management structure or command chain in those institutions. I see the need however, to tag physical infrastructure, such as garages for special equipment, storage for supplies, and places where responder teams exercise.

So this is what I assume emergency=disaster_response is good for, any planning and managing locations should go to the office=* namespace.

tom