Hi,

There is a
relationhttp://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7107501#map=5/-24.173/134.723
for the World Solar Challenge that runs from Darwin to Adelaide.

Presently tagged with;

route=raceway

highway=raceway

This is run on public highways with normal traffic, so it is not a closed
raceway.

There are similar events around the world.

I would think that highway=raceway should be deleted, could be confusing for
renders.

And the route= could be changed to something like route=solar_challenge or is
there a more universal term?

Wikipedia link -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:World%20Solar%20Challenge?uselang=en

(I would like to see the other events encouraged to use OSM, anyone who says
this is not for OSM is simply discouraging use of OSM.)

Thoughts on best tagging for this kind of item?