Hi,

I'm working on highway tagging in Alaska and am developing a preset to
automate the tagging of the many gravel service roads that are used to
access the Trans-Alaska Pipeline (TAP). I have never used the
service=access tag and there is nothing in the Wiki about it but it would
seem to be an ideal tag to use in my work because those roads are being
used to get close to the TAP, in other words, to access it. Taginfo shows
about 600 uses of the tag and most of those appear to be for unpaved
service roads similar to the ones I'm seeing in my work.

However, seeing as no documentation of the tag exists, I'm wondering if any
of you have used this tag or have some insights to offer.

As always, thanks in advance.

Dave

--
Dave Swarthout