On 08/17/2017 10:12 AM, marc marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 17. 08. 17 à 14:50, Moritz a écrit :
>> the hydrant (by the meaning of the word) is something connected
>> to the water main ;)
> If I read the previous wikipedia link, there are pressurized hydrant and
> not-pressurized hydrant.
> If wikipedia use the word hydrant for both, maybe the "by the meaning of
> the world" is that.
> A common tag for both + a subtag for pressurized or not isn't enough ?
> Or you like 2 tag for render and/or to avoid the need to check subtag ?
>
> When I'm walking on a street and find "something that give water to be
> used against fire" and I read "2 bars" on it, I have no way if it's
> connected to a pressurized network or if it's a tank with a pump in it.
> I didn't even know it existed before reading it in this discussion.

That's not really what's being discussed here.  A non-pressurized
hydrant wouldn't be attached to a tank at all.  It would require a fire
engine to suck the water out.  It does not look like a traditional fire
hydrant at all.

Many of the ones I'm used to look like this:

http://www.dof.virginia.gov/fire/dryhydrant/index.htm

There is no confusing this with a pressurized hydrant.

--Eric