sent from a phone

> On 19. Sep 2017, at 19:14, Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
>
> I think a logo tag could have it's place. I prefer
> using Wikidata where possible, but Wikidata has notability guidelines
> that will probably prevent creating an item for smaller stores that are
> not part of a major national or international brand. What I particularly
> like about the proposal is the focus on using Commons, as their
> machine-readable license templates give us at least a chance at managing
> the legal issues.

+1,
I also like the idea to have references to wikimedia commons logo files. In
some cases these could even help for disambiguation (e.g. Aldi nord vs. Aldi
Süd).

AFAIK wikidata's notability requirements should not be an issue, because it is
sufficient there is a link to a commons page [1] to comply.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://m.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Notability