Aren't the legal arguments insuperable?
Even if logos are held in Wikimedia commons I very much doubt that the licence
on Wikimedia commons is accurate. Most large companies will defend the use of
their brand image fiercely.
In practice to use logos and other trademarks on a map one should get explicit
permission from the owner of the logo. Yes it is done, for instance in shopping
mall maps, but this will usually be covered by associated legal agreements.
An excellent example is the Transport for London roundel. This image says it is
""It does not meet the threshold of originality needed ",  but below it notes
that it may be a trademark in some jurisdictions. TfL on the other hand have
very clear guidelines: Logo requestsand are known to be litigious.
I would therefore suggest adding explicit links to potentially
copyright/trade-mark infringing material is not a good idea for OSM. Wikipedia
may be large enough and have a good enough mind share for large companies to
tolerate the presence of logos in the commons. It is not clear that this is the
case for OSM: particularly as the most obvious use-case for logos is in maps of
public transport networks.
So, although I sympathise with the idea, I'm very dubious about promoting it
within OSM.
Jerry

|   |
Occupy London crowdsources new logo
   |   |

|   |
Logo requests
 By Transport for London | Every Journey Matters Restrictions on using the TfL
roundels.  |   |