Hi,

We're currently trying to add new icons for water sources on osm-carto and this time it seems that proposed shapes are nice in my opinion, but we're not sure what's the difference between some popular tagging schemes.

Currently we show only amenity=drinking_water, but there are also:

- man_made=water_tap
- amenity=water_point
- man_made=water_well (including optional tag pump=powered/manual)

How they all relate to each other? Are they totally different or they do overlap or are synonyms in reality? Is there any other popular water source tagging scheme missing from this list?

(I exclude emergency=fire_hydrant as something very distinct and specialized).

Related tickets:

- https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1224

- https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3011

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]