sent from a phone

> On 11. Jan 2018, at 22:14, Selfish Seahorse <selfishseaho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In order to avoid repeating ourselves again in a year: should I add a
> note to the wiki page of `amenity=drinking_water` that this tag is
> discouraged?

I’m all for tagging details, and if someone wants to add man_made or other tags
to an amenity=drinking_water he should do it, but I don’t want to require it.
(We’re using “fountain=<type>” around here to tag subtypes of drinking
fountains)

amenity=drinking_water works for me, and it is widely in use, to discourage its
use in the wiki you would need more than a discussion of a handful of people on
this list.

cheers,
Martin