> > On 14. Jan 2018, at 12:32, Matej Lieskovský <lieskovsky.ma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you create a single empty relation with the details of the parking
> zone rules,
> > you can then tag every road with the id of the relation.
> > It is basically a way of flipping the relation system around,
>
> problem is with the following mappers, how would they find out there is
> such a relation and that they should add it to the road they newly added?
> If this kind of mapping started to become more established I imagine people
> would spend a lot of time looking for those empty relations with the tags?

Not to mention that it would make for very poor data quality. It would
establish a user-maintained (or rather, to-be-maintained) relationship
between data; it would go over the software's head, and the database
wouldn't know the least bit about it. From a practical point of view, when
would an empty relation be downloaded? Never, if it has no members: which
means that mappers would generally be anaware that such a thing even
exists.

In conclusion, you're suggesting a method that the machine couldn't help us
with, and that mappers would have a very hard time (if not impossible)
using correctly.

Regards,

Simone