That is quite a common thing. I tag the buildings, or addressed nodes,
with the appropriate postcode. So building one side will have one
postcode and on the other side they will have a different postcode.

The postman doesn't deliver mail to the street and large users will
have their own postcode.

Phil (trigpoint)