Hi,

Am 31.03.2018 um 17:00 schrieb Johnparis:
> This implies the following changes to v2:
>
> 1) every platform node should have mandatory {mode}=yes tag(s)

I also think that public_transport=platform without *=yes tags is some
kind of incomplete.

> 2) stop_positions should be optional on the map and should not be included
> in the route relations

Stop positions should be optional but there are some cases where they
are useful. If they are mapped, they should be added to the route
relation. If we don't add them to the route relations, we can skip them
at all.

> I'm inclined to agree with the wiki that the v1 tags on nodes should remain
> (including the two million highway=bus_stop tags).
>
> I don't really see a big advantage in changing the value of the v2 tag from
> public_transport=platform to something like public_transport=wait_area (and
> there are about one million public_transport=platform tags at the moment).

+1

If you try to invent new tags just to replace old tags and the old tags
are used very often, a proposal is doomed to fail.

Best regards

Michael