A few comments:

* I don't think this should "obsolete" the highway=give_way nodes completely.
For simple cases with oneway=yes roads the highway=give_way node on the way is
the easiest way to map them. Also for any "four-way give way" situation,
tagging the intersection node is clear and unambigious.

* I'm not sure if putting the different traffic types into the relation type
key is the right place. It might be better to put that into an applies_to key?

That way you can list multiple, either as applies_to=caravan;hgv;bus or
applies_to:bus=yes applies_to:hgv=yes

The separate key version has the advantage that it would also allow conditions:

applies_to:hgv=no
applies_to:hgv:conditional=yes@(Mo-Fr)

* instead of day_on, day-off, hour_on, and hour_off, it might be better to use
an operating_hours key with the same format as opening_hours for shops

* overwritten_by might be better as a member instead (or in addition) of a key.
Especially for dual carriage way intersections (mapped as # ) the
traffic_signal nodes are usually at the stop line on the approach instead of at
the intersecting nodes (if you tag the 4 intersecting nodes, then a route
through the intersection would pass 2 or 3 highway=traffig_signal nodes, while
if it is tagged only on the approaches [which are all oneways] the route
correctly only goes through a single one).

* the value curb value for the road_markings key should probably be kerb to
match the barrier=kerb tag and to match UK English usage.

* in addition to the road_sign members, it would be good to also allow
road_marking members (which would be a node on a from way, or a way with an
intersecting node with the from way, tagged with road_marking=x, or
barrier=kerb)

* the road_sign and road_marking members and keys should have the same name

Cheers,
Thorsten