On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@tutanota.com>
wrote:

My entire motivation for making this tag is to record this data

> in machine-readable form. I want  to make my detector of things to survey
> to stop suggesting opening hours that are not worth surveying.

My thoughts about this keep evolving.  At the moment it seems to me that
your reason for wanting to do it is
actually a good reason not to do it.

My first thought was that a note is adequate.

My second thought was that being able to use something like overpass-turbo
to detect shops that need to
be resurveyed is a good thing.

My final (so far) thought is that it will cause more problems than it
fixes.  Somebody, perhaps you,
surveyed the place and didn't see a sign, so used this tag.  At some future
point somebody, perhaps
you again, runs a query to see which shops need to be resurveyed.  This
particular shop doesn't
need to be resurveyed because it doesn't have a sign.  The problem is that
your idea makes the
assumption that the shop will NEVER have a sign, so may never get
resurveyed.  A sign
could have been put up five minutes after the first survey.

Some shops in my town (it's not a big town) start up and fail after a
couple of years (sometimes after
only a couple of months), so I have to keep re-surveying anyway.  Shops
change their opening
hours, occasionally.

I don't see a need for this new tag.  Leaving the opening hours unspecified
seems perfectly adequate.

Oh, I misunderstood your reason.  You want a special tag invented solely
for the purpose of
making your app stop complaining about lack of opening hours.  I'm not
convinced about that
being either necessary or a good idea.  Things change.  If you're
resurveying an area anyway
then it's worth checking the opening hours because they may have changed,
or a sign may
have been put up, or the business may have gone bankrupt and a new business
is there, or...

--
Paul