So how is this different from placement=transition, then?

On Jun 13, 2018 01:04, <osm.tagg...@thorsten.engler.id.au> wrote:

No you don’t.

transit:lanes describes how the lanes from the end of one way connect to
the end of another way in the direction of traffic flow.

For each pair of from/to ways, there is going to be exactly one node where
they connect. That is your via node.

*From:* Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>
*Sent:* Wednesday, 13 June 2018 08:46
*To:* Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging@openstreetmap.org>

*Subject:* Re: [Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

You'd have more than one via way for the transit:lanes relation.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 01:11 Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@tutanota.com>
wrote:

11. Jun 2018 23:02 by ba...@ursamundi.org:

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018, 23:43 Bryan Housel <bhou...@gmail.com> wrote:

The only way I’ll be able to support lane transitions would be as a
relation that has similar semantics to turn restrictions.. from/via/to.
Keep it simple (no multi via ways please).  This is already an understood
way of tagging things that connect 2 ways.

Driveway in the middle of a lane transition with turn restrictions.  What
now?

No problem? Why it would be an issue?