On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 22:33:10 +0200
François Lacombe <fl.infosrese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well okay
> Given problem is how can we query maxspeed like :
> [Maxspeed>25] ?

Which situation do we want to optimize for?  The rare case, or the
common case?

It's common to want to document legal restrictions such as "speed limit
25 miles per hour", "no trucks over 2.5 meters tall", or "maximum
weight 3500 kilograms".  It's rare to want to query ranges of speeds,
heights, or weights, particularly without regard to the units in use in
a given country.

We should make it easy for people to enter and interpret these legal
restrictions, and if it means query software gets a bit more
complicated, so be it.  For every person who wants to find roads
worldwide with speed limits greater than 25 km/h, there are probably
a thousand who don't want to deal with making sure the rounding is
correct when displaying US speed limits in miles per hour.

--
Mark