sent from a phone

On 14. Sep 2018, at 10:18, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>>> On 2018-09-14 08:47, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>>
>> I'd go for a mixed approach - tag the (largest useful) administrative
>> boundary first, and then allow lower level admin boundaries and finally,
>> place nodes, to override the default.
>>

> Sounds good!

yes, I believe this is also where we arrived last time.

A harder one seems the actual tagging, as multivalues are contested, and
several “primary” languages for the same place are certainly a key requirement.

It even achieves the fuzziness at a small scale by allowing place _nodes_ to
override areas, naturally this introduces uncertainty because the extent of
nodes is not precisely defined, so it might reduce the willingness to engage in
an edit war (all parties can read the same data according to their liking).

cheers,
Martin