Am 03.01.2019 um 00:57 schrieb Peter Elderson:
Thanks for the comments. Please understand that the mentioned proposal is not my proposal.

You were referring to it and in my opinion you tried to tweak it a bit too much for your purposes. But let's continue this on the other sub-thread. :-)

To see the trails starting at one of these places you best look at Nederland on waymarkedtrails. They all have multiple hiking/foot routes and walking routes to hop on, and most support other modalities.

I had looked at a few examples also on waymarkedtrails and often found no real trails nearby. e.g.:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6141092007#map=16/52.3836/5.6325
https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#routelist?map=16!52.3836!5.6325

or

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6141092027/#map=15/51.4414/5.8639
https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#routelist?map=15!51.4414!5.8648 (knooppuntennetwerk close by but not a named trail)

The latter TOP is named "Natuurpoort De Peel". So I was wondering are these realy trailheads (in the sense of you can access some or several trails here) or are these just designated general recreation spots?

Tobias