Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the correct way to add the direction of travel to
roundtrip route=hiking|foot|bicycle relations.

I saw in the route=hiking wiki page that the usage of oneway=cw and oneway=ccw
has been added in 2017, with the word "proposal: " in front.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:route%3Dhiking&diff=prev&oldid=1453761

Since then, this tag has not been used that much:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/oneway=cw (4 times)
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/oneway=ccw (6 times)

I see there is also the tag "direction=" with a lot more usage. On
mini-roundabouts (as documented in the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:direction#Clockwise_and_anticlockwise),
but sometimes even on route=foot, route=hiking and route=bicycle (not
documented in the wiki)

Could somebody clear this up, for a novice user like me? How to correctly add
the direction of travel to roundtrip route=hiking|foot|bicycle relations? What
is the status or meaning of this "proposal: " wording? And what about using
direction?

Thanks