On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:04 PM Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's about loop-shaped walking/hiking/cycling routes, that should only by
> > done in one direction, because of way-marking and signposts.  (Most of the
> > bicycle routes in this overpass query fall in that category
> > https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/GWB, quite a lot!)
> > I'm not talking about individual ways that are oneway restricted for
> > pedestrians
>

> then it is clear that neither oneway nor oneway:foot apply (both are legal
> prescriptions and not just recommendations).

I agree with you 100% with oneway on ways.

On routes, I'm not so sure.  If a route runs in only one direction,
and you follow its constituent ways in the opposite direction, you're
not following the route. It's an existential, rather than a legal
question, and I'm not enough of a philosopher to solve it.