Am 17. März 2019 22:38:30 MEZ schrieb marc marc <marc_marc_...@hotmail.com>:
>Le 17.03.19 à 11:23, Jan S a écrit :
>> it wasn't obvious which were police stations and which were other
>facilities. In the end, I used Google maps... So there is practical
>relevance.
>
>i'm in favor of police=* (execpt the double tag for the station)
>but it's not a food relevance to promote a new schema because some
>objet
>are wrongly mapped.
>so ifsomeone make a mistake with police=*, did we new a 3nd schema ?
>or just fix the mistake in osm ?

The issue here was that there is no real way to tag police facilities other
than stations. There's office=government and government=police, but that
doesn't fit in many cases either. So we have mistagging due to a lack of
alternatives and no good way of repairing the bad tags. That's why in this
particular case a new scheme is the appropriate way.

Best, Jan