On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 12:39 PM Sarah Hoffmann <lon...@denofr.de> wrote:
> Please note the statistics at the end of the post. I actually
> did bother to observe the state of affairs and I found that a
> majority of routes in fact _are_ already sorted. The numbers
> are from before waymarkedtrails stopped sorting routes, i.e.
> they are not distored by the fact that people wanted to see
> a clean elevation profile on the site.

Incidentally, thanks for whatever you did recently.  I've been careful
to keep routes sorted for all the reasons you've mentioned in the
past. It's now nice to see that
https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=919642 works, despite the
fact that gaps remain in the mapping. (Maybe this summer I can make it
over to the Schoharie Valley and close the major ones.) The elevation
profile for the Schoharie section looks great, gaps and all, and WMT
even does a decent job of distance estimation in the gaps.