1. If I want to find a place where I can have some ice cream,
searching for cuisine="*ice_cream*" is a simple solution. Listing each
individual product is difficult to maintain due to changes in time,
but I usually add general categories that define the shop and for
which people would realistically want to search for.

2. There already exists such a thread:
"Values in namespaces/prefixes/suffixes Considered Harmful - Or: Stop
over-namespacing and prefix-fooling"
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-December/041650.html
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Namespace#Over-namespacing_and_Prefix-fooling

The verdict up until now seems to be that you shouldn't tag in such a
way that values creep into the key side of tags, especially if the
right side is always yes/no, but do share your view over that thread
if you think otherwise. The version with semicolons is also easier to
type.