The refugee camps I'm familiar with in Thailand are not social facilities
except in an incidental way. They are essentially internment camps
surrounded by fences with guarded gates where undocumented aliens are kept.
They are landuse=residential because they're isolated areas in the
countryside and contain permanent dwellings but having no other way to tag
it at the time, I tagged a big refugee camp near Mae Sot as place=town and
name=Mae La Refugee Camp. As for the refugee aspect, I made a note and left
it at that.

I'm not sure which approach would be better between social_facility,
amenity or what have you, but any tourism-related tag definitely will not
work. In this particluar case, place=town is appropriate because it's so
large; smaller camps might be tagged as place=hamlet, etc.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand