In this case, I do NOT want to go from A to B. I want to do the hike, that
is the route, exactly as it is specified OSM. Those ways, in the exact
order. I want my smartphone or garmin to guide me exactly along those ways,
which were carefully picked when the route was entered into OSM.

If that can't be done directly, I want to get an export that I can feed to
my device or app, so it can recreate the route exactly, without adding,
weighing, guessing or rerouting anything.

When I'm planning a hike, I want the software to start with the exact OSM
route, not a rerouted version.

Fr gr Peter Elderson