I would absolutely agree with this use case. Especially for cases such as the
regularly mentioned Burger King. If somebody from out of town is either
traveling through or armchair mapping they could be confused. If they are
using the ID editor, it suggests that you "upgrade the tags" which could lead
to a "Burger King" that is not part of the international Burger King tag
having the same brand:wikidata tag.

I also think that the not: namespace could be useful in other cases such as
not:name, so I support it.

-Tim