> Countries have their own legislation.  Poland apparently has things that
> look like mini roundabouts but follow the regulations of "ordinary"
> roundabouts.

Netherlands has many mini roundabouts AND they follow the regulations of
ordinary roundabouts. However, those are the same as for other junctions.
So according to the wiki, these roundabouts and mini-roundabouts should not
be tagged as roundabouts but as circular junctions, because no priority is
implied. Nevertheless these rotaries are massively tagged as roundabouts,
and  lots of junctions wih a dot or circle in the middle as
mini-roundabouts. Because that's what they look like, and that's what they
are called: "rotonde" en "mini-rotonde".

So far I see no compelling reason to change it.

Regardless of legal issues and signage, navigation systems should not
advise u-turns on narrow junctions including narrow mini-roundabouts.

I guess that is why navigation systems keep telling me to "try and turn
around", without telling how and where.

Fr gr Peter Elderson